Monday, July 30, 2012

The Bird Next Door!


While taking suitcases into the guest room, I looked out the window 
and saw this little blue stick coming out of the ground that I'd never noticed before. 
 But obviously, 
it wasn't a stick but a beautiful and graceful Black-Headed Heron.

                                                     Can you see him?
                          Pretty hard to see in this picture...but take a little closer look....



Now you can get a good look.
Sandi R is this like the one that came to visit your fish pond?

Better Profile!


He was motionless for a LONG time!
I kept whistling and whistling at him and he finally moved.
Check out those eyes...  
I wonder if he got them at Pat Catan's or Michael's? 
And I wonder if they wiggle?
The blue container... and the black-headed heron made for a colorful
picture from our house.

Then on the way home from the Expo... which you will hear about next...
This guy was sitting up on top of our roof!

Way up on top!

Is this the same bird --The Black-Headed Heron
only fatter???  If any one knows, please let me know.


 He looks similar yet so much more stocky!

 A closer look!  So broad compared to our skinny little one across the street. 

 And then he flew away....
Faster than I could get my zoom on him.
What a wing span and he is already 50 feet away from me.


It just amazes me that these huge birds hang around our houses and yards like pets.
Thought you'd just like to see a couple of them close-up!  
It's like having our own personal Aviary! 

All for today, 
love,
margie

No comments:

Post a Comment