Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wireless Comes Today!

So, a couple days ago i told Innocent, our houseboy, that I never use a cell phone in
America.  He said.."How can you talk to people that you want to reach?"  I said, "Well,
I just use the phone attached to the wall... in our house."  He looked at me funny and said,
"The what? What is that?"
And then i realized that they have never had "land lines" here.  They went from having no phones to having cell phones!  Bruce said that they do have desk phones in offices, but they are only for contacting people inside the building you work in. Amazing, huh?

Since our little tiny wireless modem isn't too consistent we are having a wireless system from All Tec..installed today.  For a mere $150.00 a month-- and that doesn't include TV and phone but we don't have a TV and Bruce has his fancy phone and I, a little $25 phone that simply makes phone calls. HA!  I'm really stepping up in the world.   Stop laughing!

Picture it...  the guys started this morning at 7:30... Innocent began cleaning the bath rooms, the All Tec guys are all over the house and i am hiding out with you and this blog page on the patio... since I haven't even been able to get back upstairs!  So, I'm comfortable in my robe and messy hair,  enjoying a beautiful spring-like balmy day.  The hardest thing for me here so far is having no personal space.  Someone is always around... but i love the help!  But i wish there were people around that I really wanted around.. like
all my little ones!  Miss my big kids and my little grand kids!!!  (and of course, all my Hebron little ones and friends, too)

More on yesterdays adventures when I can get my pictures for you!  Until high-speed
is connected-- I'll talk to you later.  Oh.. they are burning the fields now to prepare for planting and it smells so good!  The sights, the sounds, the smells.. awaken a whole new side of life for us here!

No comments:

Post a Comment