Wednesday, March 21, 2012

SURPRISES!

Today i finally got my photo screen set up that the teacher's at Hebron gave me upon my departure. THAT WAS A GREAT SURPRISE!  It is SO wonderful!  I love it so much and was reminded of the fabulous send-off party you gave to me.  Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.
Today is also the last day of Kidz Club for the 2011-2012 year. It is banquet day!!!   I am so sad to not be with you all.  Everyone will soon be in motion to make sure it will be a wonderful evening.  I will be praying for you and thinking of you all!  Have a great night!

Bill, IT prof from India and Bruce
Around here... we had our first lunch guest today.  He is an American, a visiting professor to teach a course here at CMU/Rwanda but he lives in India. (He and Colin overlapped years at MIT)... He is a vegetarian so i tried the sweet potatoes that i got at the market yesterday!

 Surprise!!
                
                                  Sweet potato before cooking
                  What?  It is white on the inside!

But it tastes just like a sweet potato... Need Proof?.. 
Bruce wouldn't eat it! Ha...
He's not wild about them.

On the Marriage Front they called and said my visa was ready.  So i went to pick it up.
Another Surprise!  
I guess the guy at the desk that took my information was just playing with me... because the man, the Director General of Immigration that grants the visas gave me the full visa good until Aug. 2013..... WITHOUT PRODUCING THE MARRIAGE LICENSE!  That is great, except for the fact that Julie had to go out of her way to get it and mail it to us at home so Bruce could bring it back.  At least, we have one!  And, I'm really a dependent.


 Another Surprise this week is how Innocent risked his life to paint the little guard house.
 Can you believe this? 
Check this out!  All the guys have these ladders!
They must not have lawsuits here!



A trip to the Market yesterday was eventful and full of surprises, too!
More beautiful people.. warm and friendly! 


I bought the Sweet Potatoes from this sweet lady.
Look at the little lady in blue... Innocent in the middle.
None of these folks speak English but they are all trying to teach me
Kinyarwanda!  Yes, I'm bad at it!



Lionel, our driver a couple days of the week, came along in with us.  I would be lost without my boys, Lionel and Innocent. 
They said they like it when i call them 
my boys!  I'm certainly old enough to
be their mama!





 Tons  (Acres) of potatoes and bananas


                                       The BIG Surprise!! 
                                     A fight breaks out in the huge cafeteria!  Some things are just like home! 

Everyone stops to watch!


Remember the little lady in blue?  She stayed with us the whole time we were there... She told Innocent she just wanted to be with us.  She would have gotten in the car had i offered.  She looked to be a great gramma but so tiny and so cute.  Note:  bag of eggs under my arm.. that's how they package them... And they never break.. always a surprise!

Hope the Kidz Club banquet was fun and memorable!  And that you had no surprises!
love,
margie




No comments:

Post a Comment