Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nourishment!


Reflecting on a comment from Oswald Chambers....

From John 12:27-28
 " What shall I say?  Father, save Me from this hour?  But for this cause came I unto this hour.  Father glorify thy name."

To quote OC..."Jesus was saved not from the hour, but out of the hour.
Suffering either gives me my self or it destroys my self.  You cannot receive your self in success, you lose your head; you cannot receive your self in monotony, you grouse.  The way to find your self is in the fires of sorrow...If you receive yourself in the fires of sorrow, 
God will make you nourishment for other people."

It is this last statement that has made me ask... Has He made me nourishment for other people?  Has He made you nourishment for other people or are we draining
nourishment from others?  

Being here in Rwanda, I pray that I can be... that Bruce and I can be 
nourishment for others in their hours of need.  I'd never really thought about this question in this way but it is truly a BIG Question.  

Has God made us nourishment for other people? 
 Sunday morning.... the empty lot behind our house
became nourishment for these guys! 
 They were here just for the day and then gone!
Maybe we are nourishment for someone for just one day
and then we never see them again. 

 Jesus pops up here and nourishes me in unusual places and in unusual ways.
Here he just brought me a smile! The pick-up testimony!
He carries our heavy loads.
 The joy of family was nourishment for me in this picture..
This was taken from too far away but what joy in seeing this "little"
family walking down the street..
What you can't see is the baby on Mama's back under the umbrella. 

I pray that I can be nourishment for these ladies
  as we are working together this year and that they can be nourishment for me, too.
 
This is Armstrong.  
He provides physical nourishment to us from our local grocery where he works. 
He is the young man we were able to get a Bible for so that he could have his very own.... Nourishment for him.
He is nourishment for me each time we go into the store..  
He shares prayer requests and praises.
This baby basket weaver was finding nourishment in the grass
that the Lord provided for him.
Just watching him made my day! 

 And sometimes we share nourishment together with friends.
Sometimes those friends know the Lord and sometimes they don't.
So even in the process of sharing good food and fellowship we plant the
seeds of nourishment in the souls of others... by sharing our joy of the Lord with them.

One thing is for sure after thinking about this for a
couple of days....
No matter who, where, or what the nourishment is needed for
it must all be to glorify our Lord --our Father....
 and not our "self".  

I pray that the Lord will make us good nourishment for
others... no matter where in the world we are!

Don't you?

Love you all!
margie

 



No comments:

Post a Comment