Sunday, March 29, 2015

Rwanda Days in Atlanta!I

Bruce thought it would be a good idea if I went to Rwanda Days since I was in America and since it was in Atlanta!!

 Every year there is a Rwanda Day somewhere in North America
and the Rwanda Diaspora meet to raise support for Rwanda.
 I left our house in the morning
and flew to Rwanda to surprise the CMU team.  

Found them working away…. recruiting and talking with folks.

 Lilian was deep in conversation with this gentleman.

 And Lambert and Andrea were, too.

Surprise!!
W
  What fun to be with them! 

Passing out CMU Frissbes,,,



And who should appear out of no where at lunch time but Mugabu…  One of our neighbors from Kigali.
He runs a juice bar and very nice B&B in our neighborhood. 


Agaciro… means Dignity!

 This panel, run by Jendayi Frazier… was very interesting.  The one in yellow was Martin Luther King's youngest daughter,
Andrew Young, next to her and the other two, so sorry…I don't remember their names.
 Andrew slept through most things when he wasn't talking.
OR he was deep in thought.

This guy was engaging!

 Bernice was encouraged to come visit Rwanda.  
She's never been to Rwanda.


 Most of them had great things to say about dignity -but not all! 
     

  The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Rwanda,  Louis summed up the words of all with GREAT dignity.  She was so impressive!

Mugabo even asked a question! 

Mrs. Kagame…. came and sat in the front row.. She is the one on the right!  Always gracious and smiling.
Then the singer and …

dancers!

Then President Kagame entered to screams and waving flags…
He was waving, too!   That's why he is blurry! 

He was taking it all in and not addressing the crowd.
I was sad because I had to leave soon and had 

hoped to hear him speak.
Louise spoke again, though!

This man introduced the President…  but I had to make
my way to the back of the room.

 It was a great gathering of wonderful people!

I had to leave right before the president spoke.  I could hear the
cheers break out for him as I walked down the halls of the hotel to make my way back to the airport.

But even though I didn't get to hear him, I knew what he
would be saying!  He would be encouraging and praising
all the Rwandnese around the world. "People are Rwanda's greatest resource" he often says!

And indeed we have come to know that and love them, too!
love,
margie

No comments:

Post a Comment