Monday, September 17, 2012

What? Giant Eagle in Rwanda?


Went into MTN... one of the phone stores in Kigali, a couple weeks ago and standing in line right ahead of me was a man with THIS shirt on.

Can you believe it?

I said.. "Oh, Wow--do you work for Giant Eagle?"  To which he said absolutely nothing because he didn't understand a word I'd  said.  HA!

With lots of hand motions...I asked if I could take his picture and he nodded yes!  
THIS was a total surprise.
I wonder if Giant Eagle sent some of their shirts here through World Vision???????
I have yet to find the Big Bird here!



And while I'm thinking about Penn Hills...This made me think of Dom's Auto!
Our Clutch went out on our Prado Toyota....so after talking to many people and trying to
find an auto mechanic that would take care of our car, know how to fix it and do it right....well... We settled on Theo!  This was where he told us to take the car.
 This certainly wasn't Dom's! 
 Bruce went in....at 7:30 with the car
And he came back out...without the car....
and I took him to work in a little rental car.

We wondered what would happen..
Well, the car was done before the end of the day
and even delivered back most of the way to our house.  All for a mere $500.00!!
So far, this has been the best bargain we've found here.

The car works great and we would "highly" recommend Theo to anyone in Kigali!




The other thing that reminds me of home is the gym. 
Well, this isn't a Bally's (even a defunk one) but
it is the workout room in one of the local hotels...The Manor-
the one where i do aerobics, too.
This elliptical trainer or cross-trainer
  is going to kill me...(Just to let you 
know what happened to me if 
you never see me again).   
It looks so friendly but...what a workout!

 Weight machines are much the same but are not quite 
the same quality.  But a kilo is a kilo!
 Haven't used this corner of the room yet.
This side I use a lot... Some days i can move when
we finish and other days... not so much! ha!


After i finish in the "gym" i go up to our open-air aerobic class.


 It's cloudy today and we can't even see downtown Kigali, like usual. 




Emmanuel has us 
kick-boxing,
doing Taebo!  

This is a step class
combined with Taebo.  

Ahh, down town showing
up a bit. 


After we get done with the aerobics we do floor exercises.... then I pass out!  

            The only problem with all this exercising is that is makes me so hungry!

 It is good to have the time and to take the time to do all this though!  

These three places certainly do remind me of being home. 
 So you can see that being here has many of the elements of 
home... but then again it is very different!  

Still enjoying the new things that Rwanda has to teach us 
and personally,  I'm so glad that I have the time to 
enjoy it and take advantage of what it offers.  

All for now... 
love,
margie

No comments:

Post a Comment