Monday, May 12, 2014

Lunch with CMUR Second Year Students!


Try as I might I cannot find the pictures for the first group we had lunch with  ( I'm so sorry guys!)  but Bruce and I hosted this last year and thought it would be a great idea to do again this year.  We got off to a late start but it was wonderful to sit and talk and get to know the "new" students…. Well, they aren't really new anymore.  At this writing they have finished finals at the 
end of their first year. 
Wow.. Where did that time go? 

 Most of the students are from Rwanda…
 but this year we had some additional students from
Uganda and Kenya.


 Hedda, one of the CMUR professors joined us
on one occasion.

 They all told us that they have never worked so
hard at anything before…
But they are also learning new things about IT.  

As you can tell by their pictures….
this is a great group of 22. 

Andrew Carnegie was known for his quote of
"My heart is in the work".
For me, after talking with all the students
I think it is their new quote, too!
Their hearts are in their work!!
And seriously who can work in a beautiful climate like this. 

This hotel --restaurant and pool is just a couple of doors
down from the campus. 

Our last lunch was with the ladies of the group!

Their smiling faces are so bright and beautiful…
But don't let their good looks fool you …
They are not only smart looking..
they are simply smart… all of them!

Oh… not just the girls…. the guys are, too!

My prayer for these students and last year's class, too
is that they will be blessed by their work and in their studies
and that the Lord will provide them with
jobs worthy of the wealth of knowledge they are learning.

It is certainly my privilege to have met these
great young people…My only regret is that
I can't spend more time with them….and really
get to know them….

But they are a little busy because…
"Their heart is in the work!"

love,
margie

No comments:

Post a Comment