Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Cats are Gone... the Birds are Back!

All of these birds are either in our yard or on the roof next to our house!  
I think we are living in an Aviary!
It is wonderful and we don't even feed them...
they just hang around and sing their hearts out!


This gives new definition to "Bird Watching".

This one is my favorite.  She has a new nest!
Doesn't one of the muppets look like this?
Our gorgeous incandescent sunbird--he is about 2 1/2 inches long.

"Which do you like best? My right side or left?"


 When Bruce comes back with the East Africa Bird Book
we'll actually find out the names of all these little guys.

Notice how many have their mouths open... singing!
Or not... maybe this one just discovered that hanging out on barbed wire
 isn't such a good idea!

He is just a baby bird.

Checkin' out the neighborhood  from our roof.
His neck goes all the way around like an owl.
Ok. things are good here..off to the next house.

Little too dark to see this one well.

These little swallows nestle in each evening.. right outside our front door.

Oh.. these are little hand-carved wooden birds that i got for Katherine.
Don't let her see them. Ha!  

A little fuzzy but so cute

Coming in for a landing.

"YOU are TOO close... Get on your OWN side!"

 In our yard!
"Mom, Look!  Look, Mom, look how fast my wings go!!"
"Ok.. that wore me out.. I'm going to rest here."

 New birds today! Haven't seen these before.

Blah, blah, blah..
 "Like i was saying..."

 Every time Innocent tried to trim the bushes near Creamsicle's nest
she would go after him.. pecking at him and trying to get him away!

 This little one was trying to get into the house.


 Sorry.. had to take this through the screen door.


"And who do you think you're lookin' at?"

This is the warbler!   He sings louder than all the other birds!
 "Yes, that's true. I pride myself in this!"
  "And also the way they did my hair on top! Do you like it?"

"Thank you! Thank you very much!"


That was fun!
love,
margie












3 comments:

  1. I was having a tough time getting my gmail account working right then setting up the blog so I can respond. So this is a test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So here I go, I believe the orange plant may be a trumpet vine. I looked up the large bird on the roof. I thought is was a bird of prey. It's and African hawk Eagle. I loved the animal and plant pictures.
    What a great way to spend a day of silence, walking and enjoying the environment. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pixs of the birds. Reminds me of the bananaquit we saw and heard sitting in the tree outside the Oasis the first year we were on Long Island, Bahamas.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete