Sunday, August 4, 2013

Babies and Birds


Elizabeth and Louise and I went to lunch together before they took offfor their new TiGO post in the DRC (Congo).  We had a great time together and I miss her in our backyard!  Just knowing she was there was great...even though we didn't see each other all the time.   Not sure who our new neighbors will be yet. 


Love this picture of them! 
And then Fred moved to town from the Chicago area along with
his people... Amanda and Bill!!! 

This little guy is soooooo happy and giggles all the time..
So, welcome to the Bennett family!
Don't worry Iris and Katherine.  You guys are irreplaceable... as my baby loves.. BUT since these guys are closer I have
to give my gramma love hugs to someone or my arms start
aching!  Hope you won't be too mad at me! 


The birds are all still here and clamoring for food and water these days.  They literally come and peck on the windows
if the bird bath is dry.  I feel like they talk to us.

This guy's feathers look a little ruffled.
 Hmmm... finally I got some bread.

That's a pretty big bite!
Man, we hit pay dirt!


The hunter sunbird is back!  


Hey, what about my picture?
 This lizard came up on the porch from under the flowers to say hello and then he scurried off.. 


This is a common bulbul bird....and is widespread over Africa....

but sort of a new bird around here..

This is our old Weaver... checking out what is underground.
And this is him close up!

So.. just a break from activities....
to share some babies and birds!

They might be my favorite
little ones!

love,
margie

No comments:

Post a Comment