Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ceren's Baby Shower!

On a previous blog, I had said that Thursday was a BIG DAY! 
The reason was that in the morning we had the coffee and in the evening
 two of our AIC members, Laura and Marianne threw 
a surprise baby shower for Ceren and we all got there early!

Ceren was surprised by her baby shower and happy, too!
She was heading back to Turkey to have her little guy
and this was just 3 days before she was leaving.
Most of the women that have babies return home to have
them.  Laura had just returned from having her little one
in Spain--last spring.
Laura --the hostess on the Right!

 Pryia happy for Ceren!

Susanne and Ceren still at the door. 

 Marianne on the left.. the other co-planner!

Ceren couldn't get away from the door..  
Emi is greeting her now.

 Everyone greeting each other, too.

Who knows what was being said here... Looks
like a serious discussion.

Aren't the decorations cute that they put between
the dining area and the living room? 

Emi and Chantel.  I think that is her name...

Just another angle of Ceren still trying to get out
of the doorway!

No, Ceren isn't short.. Chantal is just tall!!! 

The Stair Step Sisters:  Karin, Pryia, Marianne and Bea.

Samela, Pascal and Ceren.. You write the caption.

 Catherine and Josephine...or is it Sevdonna.  I'm confused
about these two.  I think i will have to see them together
again to make sure which one is which.

Ead, Mavis, Susanne and Co... enjoying the moment.
See the city night lights out of Laura's back patio?
So picturesque!
 Chantel, me, Ead, Mavis and Susanne!  I wonder
which one doesn't dye her hair?  Oh--  maybe none of the others do...
I'm just sayin'...one of these ladies is really gray! 
Wow.. the food array that everyone brought was amazing
I loved this raised dining room!
Most of us headed out into the night air to eat.  Earlier,
Chantel and Mavis and I had been talking outside and we saw a
HUGE falling star.  From the top of the sky almost to the very bottom
of the horizon.  It was so beautiful. YES, we all made wishes!



Then the fun started.... the presents.
For a lot of the women there ---their countries don't have this
tradition so we heard a lot of great stories about
what people do when new babies are born. 



AWWWWW


I was excited because I actually found a little boy
baby book to give her.  Again, I learned that most of the
other countries don't do these kinds of books,
but Ceren seemed to think she would. 

Mavis made a card and it was folded like a little
diaper. Totally cute!
Just like women at home.. we were all enjoying looking
at each gift that Ceren received!
 Little booties!
My favorite gift of the evening was this little tiny
Japanese Kimono.  The giver, Emi sitting on the left.
It was so cute!!!!



I'm excited for her and for all of us, too.  She said since I was the secretray of AIC
she'd email me first and then I will be able to notify all of the other members! 
What a special task!  Now all we have to do is WAIT! 

Happy Baby, Ceren! 
We will be praying for you and the baby...
and your husband and two little ones that stayed here in Rwanda! 

love,
margie

No comments:

Post a Comment