Sunday, October 14, 2012

AIC Coffee at Sava's House!

THIS WAS A BIG THURSDAY!

Another month has passed and this is our 2nd AIC Coffee
morning this "fall".  That just means since Sept., because there
really are no seasons here.  Another big group showed up!
Yes, this looks like one of the Rich and Famous houses.
Sava lives here with her husband and son.
She is originally from Albania, but she is now American.
Moohwa, my neighbor and Pascal.
I call Pascal, Donna all the time because every time
I see her I think she is Donna Slagel!  They even have many of
the same mannerism.
 This is Sava's front porch, designed with company in mind.  We have Sweden and America represented here and maybe one other country. 
Susanne, SAVA, our terrific hostess for the day, 
and Isabelle.... Their faces and...
...their feet!  I just loved this contrast! 

                                 
 Cindy, our US Ambassador's Wife and Emi.. from the Japanese Embassy
discussing tickets for the benefit concert.  Emi comes early
and exercises with me at the gym and Cindy and I are working
together with Maria and Machiko on the benefit concert.
We've had a lot of fun! 





 New members!  Ann Rugege on the right joined us this morning
and really enjoyed all the women from all over the world.
This is the American/Rwandese Couch!   

 Nizova, Mindy and Ann.

Maria and someone's mom that is visiting.  Maria is also
on the benefit concert team.

From the living room into the dining room... and all the other countries
represented:  Germany, France, Japan, Belgium, Bolivio, Sweden,
Denmark, Canada, Turkey, Bulgaria, Nicaragua, Nepali, Paraguay, South Korea, Italy, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Netherlands, Benin, Brazil,

New Zealand, India, South Africa, Australia, Algeria, Bosnia, Spain
and some I may have left off because I can't remember. 

 The dynamic duo:  Edna and Bea...
 look out Brazil and Belgium!

Beautiful Rwandan and Ethhiopian ladies:            ,
Chantal, Alga and Karine
I hope those spellings and names are correct! 

 A happy lot around the food in the dining room.  The coffee
sort of grew into a brunch!

 New U.S. Delegates:  Krista and Nancy!
Krista and I are sort of the African version of
the Jeannie and Margie U.S. duo. (that should tell you a lot)

During announcements!  Everyone enjoying each other's company!
Jan.. what is with that face??  hahahaha


Bea, Ann and Samela... Samela looks a lot like
Michelle Pheiffer but this picture of Samela doesn't do her justice.

 Jan, Shirley and Meg.. Three of my friends and folks
we had dinner with last week.

We had a great coffee morning and met lots of new friends and enjoyed ones we already knew.  I'm finishing this blog on Sunday and this morning in church- 3 of the ladies were
there in worship.  That was great and I think we were all encouraged by that, too!
In a couple of weeks we are going to have a friendship Sunday and invite at least one other person.  This challenge dove-tailed right into my Bible reading this morning.

In reading the devotional on Matthew 28: 18-19...
'All power is given unto Me (Jesus) in heaven and in earth.. Go, therefore and teach all nations', Chambers says---"He does not say the heathen will be lost if we do not go...  He simply says Go on the revelation of My( Jesus) sovereignty... teach and preach out of a living experience of Me."   I hope we will be able to do that here in Rwanda.

He closes by saying:"Where we are placed is a matter of indifference; God engineers the goings."  So, we have been placed here and that is becoming clearer every week.. at least placed here for "such a time as this"...and He is the engineer of everything... as I keep writing.  I just need to keep showing up alongside of Him!  Guess I'm living with and alongside 2 engineers!  What a great place to be!!!!!!!

Hope you have a blessed Sunday!  
We are on our way to lunch with a colleague of Bruce's now. 
love,
margie

No comments:

Post a Comment