Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  

Church was first today and I'm going to tell you about the morning in reverse. 
At the end of the service Patrick, once of our boys (age 13) from the village 
came and handed this yellow paper to me.  I said oh. Patrick that is very nice! 
I sort of handed it back to him.. not realizing it was for me.  Magi.. is the way they
say my name since they don't pronounce "r's"... Mawgee is the way it sounds but i had never seen it written.

Anyway, William said to me..."It's for you"... and then i made a big fuss over it and 
thanked Patrick over and over. 

On the way home from church..... I asked Patrick who he lived with.  He said. 
"Just my dad... I DON'T HAVE A MOM!  She died." 

Suddenly that little piece of yellow paper..  the Mother's Day Card that Patrick
had made for me took on a whole new meaning.  I love him, too.  He is 
a dear young man.  There is so much pain here for the little ones.... but you never
know it until something like this happens.  

This will be a card i keep forever to remember Patrick!  
Even though i couldn't be with my own kids on Sunday... 
this certainly made me feel like there was a special 
reason why i was here this year for Mother's Day! 


   The church service itself was also very moving.  It was Dave's last Sunday 
to preach and the day he handed over the reins of leadership along with the official stamps! 

Dave gave a tremendous sermon before everyone signed all the official papers. 
This is Brett signing... He will be the new head pastor. 
             This is Moses... and it sounds like he is their Jerry.... Just sort of sits back and
analyzes it all and then make suggestions about what would be a good course of action.
He serves the youth and they are a top priority.. along with the children for the growth of Christ's Church Rwanda.  Dave and Jana his wife ( between them) came here and started this church 7 years ago.  They are moving to Wheaton to meet new people and hopefully grow the ministry a little wider.... looking for additional missionaries and new support.

I'm not sure if this is the new business person or the secretary, of sorts.  All of these folks have either MBA's for some legal education so they will be very helpful.  The church "runs" like an NGO... non-profit in accord with the way things work in Kigali... But Dave laid out the following things for the church to keep at the forefront....

God's people thrive when they are led by a vision bearing pastor.  
Deut. 27: 15-22

God's people thrive when they examine the teaching/preaching to confirm its truth. 
   Acts 17:11

God's people thrive when they confidentially submit to their leaders.  
(An accountable leader can lead with joy)  
Hebrews 13:17  

God's people thrive when they financially support their church and leaders 
I Cor. 9:1-23,  I Tim. 5:17-19

God's people thrive when they take each day's opportunity to do good things.  
James 4:16-17   


I know the Lord will bless them as they leave this place and I know the Lord will continue to grow this church and its people but everyone will miss their leadership and especially their friendships!

After church we headed to the International Food Fair.. but that will be in the next post!
Sorry i missed a few days.  Sometimes the electricity and the internet connections make things quite difficult to accomplish things you would like to do.  I'm learning patience!

That reminds me that there are several Patients in the hospital or at home right now that
need our prayers!  Jane Morrow after having surgery to rebuild her pelvis with plates.  Innocent's sister recovering from Typhoid Fever and his mom who broke her leg on Mother's day.  Also little Claude from the orphanage is here in the hospital.  I don't know why....I will go see him today!  It seems there are many who need our prayers and love and these are just a few.

So while it was a Happy Mother's Day... there were many who were suffering.  Thank you
for putting them on your prayer list and holding them before the Lord!

love,
margie


         

No comments:

Post a Comment