Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My 60th and Bruce's presents!


It's a year of celebrating 60 for us!   And Bruce made mine
really fantastic...  First, he had a great mosquito net made for our room. 
What makes it great is that it is thicker than the old one so the little critters really can't get in and it is designed 
better so it works!  It is perfect!! 


Innocent had this great little table and chairs made for me
for my birthday!   I love it ... The other chairs have now arrived
and they are just waiting for the little grandkids to come sit in them!  They are made from grass and rubber from tires to make the trim.  Very sturdy. 

 But the biggest surprise for my 60th was Bruce sending me to Germany for almost 2 weeks
to visit Uschi and Reiner in their new home!!

Actually I was a little worried that I would have trouble
liking their new place because i loved their old place so
much!  We had so many good memories in
Dortmund and I always loved visiting them at the horse farm.
But their new home, a few hours north in Dersau
is simply perfect for them and I love it!

Reiner designed this great sign to greet every guest
that arrives at their door! What a welcome!!
My beautiful guest room! 

and stairs that led me to my little roost.
    The girls love their new home!  
   



Reiner served quite a German breakfast for
us each morning!   Yummy--Brötchen!!!
This is the dining room with the porch
just beyond the sliding doors.  

 And Uschi has her little nest decorated so cute.
This is the other end of the room... their cozy
living room!!

The porch is totally like a bed and breakfast spot.
I loved sitting out here with the cats!   

 The full entry complete with a US flag!  

LOVE THESE TWO!!!

Their sleepy little street...  
The commuter train comes out of Hamburg.
We don't have any trains in Rwanda so it was 
a surprise when this one came flying by! 
And all around the town is a farming community!

Pöln from the highway. This is the largest town in the area
and where we spent a lot of time shopping. 


In fact, one day we spent about 6 hours just walking these sweet streets and exploring the shops.

And the Bakery!  This street must have had 10 bakeries...  We just checked out one and had a great cup of coffee!

The church and the church bells ringing throughout the day!
Yep...  back in Germany!  

LOV'IN  IT!

Great to be with Uschi and Reiner!!
Best host and hostess ever.

love,
margie


No comments:

Post a Comment