Saturday, May 4, 2013

AIC Social Evening at our House


It's been over a month.... and this lady is way behind with life... 
so this blog will be short on words and big on pics! 

This was the AIC Social that we held at our house in March! Yikes! 
It was all great but one thing... the electricity kept going off and on.
And before the end of the evening.. it just stayed off. 

Actually it made for a very cozy evening!  

Ice buckets under the table, in case you were wondering.

 Inside ready...

Outside ready....
The weather forecast was 90% rain..

 they were wrong.
Blue skies..














all around!
Time to eat...
Candlelight is nice...right?

Then all my AIC friends started arriving...



and they are from all over the world...

including Rwanda!









Ada's wife, Korine helped me in the kitchen. 


 Some had to leave a little early

Innocent handled all the drinks.

Susanne handled all the babies.. well, baby!!

 
. Then it was time for announcements!!!

And guess what?   I have an announcement!  I just got a surprise...
The rest of my pictures from this evening have disappeared.

So... I will thank all of you for coming and sharing food and drink
and a fun evening.  Thanks, Mimi... for sharing so many party things with us..
like tables and chairs and dishes!  Couldn't have had this without you!

The AIC ladies and gents have become a big part of my Rwandan life
and I so appreciate each of them!  We are so fortunate
to know them and call them friends!

Thanks, guys... and girls!

love,
margie






 

No comments:

Post a Comment