Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kids at School, Critters and Construction!

This was the day!
Not only are Kofi and Cynthia in school...
but today Patrick joined them.  The kids have exams
after 6th grade and they have to wait to go to school until after 
the results come back.  So... the results are back and Patrick
can finally start this school year.  He is in 7th grade and the other 
two are in 8th!

Check out these hand signs! ha!
 I was so excited for them... but hadn't take into account
how much i would be missing them in the days ahead.  
 Kofi, Cynthia, me and Patrick. I haven't seen them
since the first week in February.
The school only allows visitation days on the 1st sunday of the
month... So it will be March 3rd before we are back together. 
In the meantime, the birds are moving in for 
a new rainy season and I'm back to "shooting" them. 



Popsicle is back.....and in modeling form. 

 She loves to swing on these wild branches.


 Great Form!


And then she came down right before me on the ground where I was
sitting having coffee!  Sweet! 
But as I was sitting there this giant yellow jacket bumblebee started
flying quite close around my head.  It finally got too
close and I knocked it with a paper into the window.
But then i discovered it wasn't a bee at all...
It was a beautiful (?) beetle.... 
 now resting on my pen.... I think i'll find another one to use.

 Down the street right a block and within view of our balcony the former
mayor of Kigali is building a very large house.  It seems it will tower way over
the other houses around us.
One house unfinished, one done and one just begun... but i wasn't looking
at that... i was looking at the sunset.
                        This house is coming.... they have taken down the scaffolding.

Behind us when we moved there was just the house on the far right
and on the far left.
Now there are 3 more coming up and almost done.
The workers have been quite busy and noisy, too!


That's our wall closest and the clothesline.... The empty lot behind us
and across the street are just growing grass and some crops.

I wonder if they will ever build there?  Sure hope it isn't while 
we are here.  I like the privacy! 

Today our Land lady came over because our lease is up! 

It has been one year since Bruce signed the lease.
THAT doesn't seem possible.  

But he made the right decision when he rented this house.  
It has served us well and is a great place to entertain and live. 
So....we will sign the lease for another year...

love,
margie

No comments:

Post a Comment