Saturday, December 8, 2012

Blue Birds and Vain Birds!

One day I was in the yard... and saw this little "blue" bird.  He stayed put
long enough for me to go into the house and get the camera.  
I have no idea what kind of bird he is.  I can't find him in the bird 
book on East African birds... so if anyone out there knows
what the name of this bird is.... please tell me.
                                I think he looks like a cartoon character...don't you?
 "You think I look like a cartoon character?"

"Oh no."

"It's shameful"
 "I'll just have to hang my head and hide"
And now there are two of them.. one under the palm.

                   I'm so glad I got these shots.... Haven't seen either of them since.
                         They truly looked like the Lord just hand painted them.

The birds all love these flowers.  It is 
Bougainvillea and it surrounds our house and wall.
And I love these! Don't know what they are called either.
 This little guy.. loves himself.  For several days I'd heard and noticed
the birds hanging around the car... making lots of chatter and flying away
from the car when I'd go out.... But one afternoon... I saw them from
the dining room...
Trying to get a closer look at himself. 
 Crick'n his neck to see his profile.

Now there are two getting a better look. 
 One hung onto the side view mirror for a long time,
but I couldn't get a good picture of him.  
Most everyday this sight happens.  
I've never seen vain birds before.. but these guys are 
really cute and they know it!  

Hope you enjoyed these pictures today! 

love,
margie  

No comments:

Post a Comment